You’ve probably experienced it: back pain! No one likes the feeling and the pain in your back can even keep you awake for hours. Also, when you wake up and get out of bed in the morning, the back pain is often immediate, especially with chronic back pain. CBD has been gaining popularity during the last few years, mainly because of its medicinal properties. In fact, according to research, this natural remedy can play a major role in reducing or preventing back pain.
In this article, you will find out why CBD oil can be used against back pain and to what extent this natural medicine can help patients suffering from back pain by relieving the pain symptoms. The various topics covered in this article are:
What exactly is back pain?
Unfortunately, many people suffer from back pain on a regular basis. It is one of the most common types of pain that can greatly affect quality of life. Back pain is therefore a nasty complaint that worsens with too little exercise and often radiates to the legs and buttocks. As a result, back pain can cause even more symptoms and limitations. The most common symptoms of back pain are:
- Low back pain and upper back pain;
- A stiff back;
- Radiation of pain to the legs and/or buttocks;
- Pain with chest pressure;
- Pain on breathing;
- Exacerbation of pain on sneezing, coughing, or squeezing;
- Pain between the shoulder blades or rib cage.
Other possible symptoms that can accompany back pain include nausea, fever, sleep problems, depression, anxiety and weight loss. Severe back pain can even affect overall mobility.
Causes of back pain
We can distinguish two most common forms of back pain, acute and chronic back pain. With acute back pain, the pain will go away on its own within a few days or weeks, whereas with chronic back pain, the pain limits all your life as the symptoms persist daily and seem to have no end. The causes of back pain can vary from person to person, although almost everyone suffers from back pain at some point in their lives. The most common causes of back pain are:
- Injuries from intense exercise;
- Wrong moves;
- After an accident;
- Certain conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatism.
- Overloading the back;
- A bad attitude;
- Difference in leg length;
- Long drive.
Back pain in the Netherlands
Over 2 million people in the Netherlands are estimated to suffer from (chronic) back pain annually. At least 80% of all adults experience back pain at some point in their lives. The majority of individuals with back pain are women, but men also visit the doctor regularly with long-standing back pain.
Medication for back pain
You can use different types of painkillers if you suffer from chronic pain. Think especially of painkillers such as Ibuprofen and Paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). Other drugs to treat back pain are unfortunately not yet available. However, remember that with long-term use of such medication, it can greatly affect certain organs and bring nasty side effects. Consequently, people who suffer from long-term back pain are increasingly looking for alternative pain management methods to make the back pain tolerable. According to research, the use of CBD oil as a natural remedy is an interesting alternative to provide the necessary pain relief. It is therefore wise to educate yourself well about the possibilities of CBD oil for back pain.
How does CBD oil work for back pain?
Extensive research has been done in 2020 on the effects of CBD for back pain. The results showed that high quality CBD does offer relief to individuals with both chronic and acute back pain. Most individuals who start CBD oil for back pain report a significant decrease or even complete relief from pain symptoms.
CBD has a direct effect on the human endocannabinoid system, which is why the substance CBD is considered to be endogenous to the body. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for transmitting pain stimuli and therefore, when combined with CBD, can relieve the symptoms of patients with back pain. Below you will find a list of how CBD oil can be used for back pain.
- The reduction in back pain allows muscles and joints to move more smoothly.
- Muscle building is significantly improved and muscles recover faster after exercise.
- CBD prevents further breakdown of bone cells and cartilage.
- Inflammation can be inhibited thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD.
- CBD works damage control by protecting the intervertebral discs.
- Sleep patterns improve significantly with regular intake of CBD oil.
Thanks to the soothing properties of CBD oil, patients with back pain can improve their overall quality of life. Our experts are happy to give you more information about the possibilities of CBD. All you have to do is contact us for a free consultation.
Is cannabis oil dangerous?
No, the consumption of CBD oil is completely harmless when used normally. This applies to adults, children and animals alike. If you are going to try CBD oil for back pain, do let your doctor know first. You can buy 100% organic CBD oil from us that:
- does not carry with it an addictive effect.
- GMO-free, pesticide-free and chemical-free.
- has no psychoactive effect.
- can be combined well with other medications.
- has no or hardly any side effects.
If you want to learn more about how CBD oil works or the safety of our CBD products, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for additional reassurance.
The ideal alternative: CBN, CBC and CBG oil
CBD oil by no means works the same on every person. This means that the oil may produce the desired effects in some patients and unfortunately not in others. Should CBD oil not relieve your back pain symptoms to your liking, you can also try CBN oil, CBC oil or CBG oil. In fact, CBD is far from the only active substance that can be extracted from the hemp plant. There are hundreds of other cannabinoids that can also have a positive effect if you experience a lot of back pain on a daily basis. By the way, you can also combine CBD oil well with the consumption of CBN, CBC and CBG oil.
Are there any side effects?
If you use CBD oil for back pain as recommended, you should expect no or hardly any side effects. At higher doses of the oil, you may experience fatigue, drowsiness, dry mouth, disrupted eating and sleeping patterns, dizziness, inner turmoil, and abdominal distress.
However, in some cases, there may be an interaction between certain pharmaceutical drugs and CBD oil. Do not take any unnecessary risks and for this reason always discuss with your treating physician on how to handle CBD oil in combination with medication.
CBD products for back pain
CBD is available in multiple forms. If you want to use CBD to get rid of your back pain, you have the options below:
Patients with severe back pain can opt for cannabis oil or CBD capsules, but CBD ointment and CBD massage oil that you can easily apply to the skin can also show promising results.
The desired effects of medicinal cannabis can be felt only after some time, after the body has become accustomed to the oil. This means that you have to take into account a build-up phase of several weeks and start with a low dose. Over time, the dosage can be built up. How many drops of CBD oil you should use at a time depends on your body, age, tolerance, the concentration of the oil and so on. CBD oil for back pain use like this:
- Start daily with a dosage of 2 to 3 drops. Do this three times a day for the first 6 to 8 weeks.
- Slowly increase the number of drops per dosage to a maximum of 9 drops at a time.
- Slowly taper the dosage when the back pain symptoms are over or sufficiently reduced.
Premium quality CBD oil
To be sure of some effectiveness of CBD oil for back pain, it is very important to choose premium quality. The CBD oil and other CBD products in our range all meet very strict requirements regarding quality. On top of that, all products are checked and certified by an independent ISO certified Dutch laboratory and all ingredients are 100% natural. By the way, the CBD products from Cannabisolie.com all come with all the accompanying information and instructions for use.
Other tips to reduce back pain:
Back pain is perceived as a nasty pain, but fortunately, in addition to using medication or CBD oil for back pain, there are several other things you can do to reduce your back pain. Here are some practical tips to help ease the pain:
- Adequate exercise: Make sure you keep moving so your back muscles can move optimally. Walking, biking, swimming, running or going to the gym are all ways to stay more active.
- Heat: Heat on the sore spot can also help. You can use a warm pitcher, heat gel, heat patch or heat lamp to help relax the back muscles. Taking a hot bath or an infrared lamp can also help.
- Massage: Have your back loosened by a therapist. You can also ask your partner, a friend or family member for a massage. In addition, consider acupuncture treatment.
- Posture improvement: Try to pay close attention to your daily posture. In addition, don’t sit or stand in the same position for too long. It is wise to change your posture every 20 minutes to prevent the back muscles from cramping. If you sit for hours every day, invest in an office chair that is ergonomic.
- Footwear: Choose to use comfortable shoes to prevent back pain. In addition, avoid carrying handbags or shoulder bags.
- Good night’s sleep: Try to sleep in a comfortable position, use a good pillow for your bed and invest in a supportive bed and a good quality mattress. This will help you sleep better and prevent back pain. Also, try to minimize pressure points during sleep by keeping the spine in a neutral position.
- Avoid stress: The more stressed you are, the greater the chance of tense (back) muscles causing back pain. Therefore, always try to ensure relaxation after an intense workday or activity through meditation, yoga or breathing exercises.
Customized advice: free and targeted
Back pain does not always go away on its own and can have a major impact on both the body and the mind. Are you curious about the potential of CBD oil for back pain to reduce your pain symptoms, restore and strengthen muscles, and promote overall quality of life? Then request a free consultation so our professionals can provide personalized advice on which CBD products are best for your specific back pain symptoms.
Free personal consultation
Leave your details and we will contact you as soon as possible!