In recent years, cannabis oil has been increasingly used on a global level. This is mainly because of the beneficial effects of the various cannabinoids from the hemp plant, including mainly CBD. Research shows that CBD oil can help keep the body and mind healthier and can be used for various conditions and ailments. However, it is more often said that combining CBD oil with medications is not wise, but is this really true and what, if any, are the possible interactions?
We answer these questions as best we can in the text below. Use this format to switch topics more easily:
- Consult your doctor
- Buying CBD oil tips
- Request a consultation!
- There are several medicines that go less well with the intake of CBD oil.
- If the medication and the CBD do not combine well, the side effects and effects can be enhanced.
- Always discuss your plans with your doctor or specialist first. This way you can be sure that your decision is supported.
Medicinal cannabis oil and drug use
In several parts of the world, CBD oil is starting to become booming. People are increasingly using it to treat various conditions and complaints, as well as to keep the body healthier and the mind happier. Using CBD by itself offers numerous benefits according to research, but this story changes if you also use regular medications.
However, there are situations in which patients taking certain medications must consider the possibility of an (unwanted) interaction between CBD and the drugs. Thus, combining CBD oil with medications cannot always be done just like that.
Metabolism is how the human body is able to break down the various substances entering the body and use them optimally. This process is carried out mainly in the intestines and liver by more than 57 enzymes, whose substances break down into metabolites. How CBD is broken down in the body? By taking CBD oil directly under the tongue, the oil will enter the bloodstream through the digestive system and pass through to the liver. Here, the P450 enzyme system will break down the substances into metabolites so that they can be distributed around the body.
The contents of CBD oil
Combining CBD oil with medications, is it possible? To determine whether or not CBD oil can be combined with your regular medication, it must first be determined if there is THC in the oil. This is because THC is psychoactive, makes users “high” and “stoned,” and more importantly, it affects the effect of your current medication and may cause different side effects than if you choose 100% pure CBD oil.
Are you curious to learn more about combining CBD oil with medication, about CBD oil’s effects, dosage, safety and the like? Contact us or click the button below to benefit from free 1-on-1 customized advice from a professional:
CBD oil and medication
To what extent you can combine CBD oil with your current medications depends on the amount of CBD and medication taken, the concentration of the drug or natural substance and your metabolism. Below is a list of just some of the ways CBD oil combining with medications causes an (unwanted) effect:
- When undergoing chemotherapy, the use of CBD can affect the effect of the treatment, making the medication less effective.
- Individuals who take blood pressure medications along with CBD increase the risk of heart attack, especially if the body is not yet accustomed to CBD.
- If you take anti-sleep medication in combination with CBD oil, it can cause side effects such as depression, difficulty breathing, dizziness, lowered blood pressure and the like. On the contrary, if you take sleeping pills with CBD, the effect of the sleeping pills is enhanced.
- If you combine CBD with anxiety medications, the side effects of both the CBD and the medication can intensify.
- Cannabis lowers effectiveness of diabetes medication.
- CBD can have a blood-thinning effect, causing double thinning of the blood if you also take blood thinners or anticoagulant drugs.
- Combining CBD with painkillers can enhance the sedative effect, increasing the likelihood of side effects.
- In epilepsy patients receiving medication for the condition, the effects may be enhanced by CBD. If the patient is using both CBD and medication, there may be an increase in sedation. In fact, users report feeling more tired when both drugs are used.
- CBD inhibits the function of liver enzymes, causing the drugs to break down slowly, so you may experience possible side effects if you start combining CBD with flu and cold medications. Think, for example, of drowsiness, confusion and the like.
Is CBD oil dangerous?
No, not at all. Combining CBD oil with medications is not dangerous if you stick to the recommended dosage, even with regular and long-term use. Our CBD is 100% safe to use for the following reasons:
- The ingredients of the oil are completely pure and vegan.
- There are no chemicals or pesticides in the oil.
- The oil is THC-free and therefore not psychoactive. So you don’t get “high.
- You cannot become addicted to CBD oil.
- Besides CBD oil, you can also choose CBD capsules, CBD massage oil and CBD ointment.
- CBD is also suitable for (domestic) animals and children.
- We put 1000% love into all our products.
- You can read the instruction manual in multiple languages.
- Lab reports are always available.
- No unpleasant side effects have been reported when using CBD oil.
- You get a free consultation with your purchase. This includes advice and guidance.
Medications that may interact with CBD oil
Virtually most regular medications are processed by the P450 enzyme system, which can cause an interaction if you want to combine CBD oil with medications. Countless drugs are processed by the P450 enzyme system, so it is smart to take a close look at the medications you are currently taking. In fact, some drugs in the blood can have certain effects.
According to several studies, several medications are affected by CBD oil. You should be especially careful if you are taking the medications listed below and also want to try CBD oil:
- Beta blockers;
- HIV inhibitors;
- Blood thinners;
- Calcium channel blockers;
Other medications that can cause serious interactions when using CBD oil include drugs for heart disease, thyroid medications, cancer medications and drugs for epileptic seizures.
Consult your doctor
We can list a whole list of medications affected by CBD. Always discuss with your doctor first if you plan to take a new medication or want to start CBD oil. In fact, your doctor can determine the extent to which Combining CBD oil with medications wise in your situation.
If you are currently using high doses of CBD oil, it is wise to consult your doctor so that a blood test can be performed. In fact, a blood test can be used to check whether the level in the blood is not too high. Besides consulting your doctor, you can also come to us for free professional advice and personal guidance.
Buying CBD oil tips
Have you decided to give CBD oil a chance? Then it’s wise to take the tips below with you when you go to buy CBD oil:
- Do not buy budget CBD oil through unreliable suppliers. With us, you can be sure that you are buying pure and high-quality CBD oil.
- Start with a low dose and build it up little by little until you achieve the desired effect.
- Read more about the experience of other CBD oil users online.
- Avoid (excessive) alcohol consumption and the use of other narcotics.
- Check for the test report of the CBD products.
Request a consultation!
CBD oil should not be seen as a magic medicine that instantly improves everyone. Using CBD oil requires consistency and regularity to notice effectiveness. Many use CBD oil to support both the body and the mind.
If you are still going to combine CBD oil with medications, choose to consult your doctor or specialist for medical advice and always request a consultation with real CBD experts first. In fact, we provide free professional advice and personalized, 1-on-1 guidance with the customer to find the most ideal CBD products. During this consultation you can also ask all your questions. Click the button below to request your own free consultation right away.
Free personal consultation
Leave your details and we will contact you as soon as possible!